Last modified: 2012-01-20 by zoltán horváth
Keywords: education |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | random flag | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Ivan Sache,12 April 2009
"Instituciòn Educativa Normal Superior 'Fabio Lozano
Torrijos' " is based at Falan, Department of Tolima. Founded
in 1942 as "Escuela Vocacional Agrícola de Falan", the
institute became a "Normal Superior" in 1965 (Law No.
The institute is named after the diplomat Fabio Lozano Torrijos, who prepared with Alberto Salomón the treaty known as the Salomón-Lozano Treaty. Signed at Lima (Peru) on 24 March 1928, the treaty solved the border controversy between Colombia and Peru. Fore more details see wikipedia.
The flag of the institute, as shown graphically on the institute's website, is green with a white star in the middle.
Ivan Sache, 12 April 2009
Flag without emblem, as used
image by Ivan Sache, 28 July 2011
Flag with emblem, as prescribed for official use - but, seemingly, not used
image by Ivan Sache, 28 July 2011
Escuela Urbana de Varones Federico Ángel, located in Caldas (Department of
Antioquia) was founded on 20 September 1967 by Departmental Decree No. 536. On
29 January 2003 (Decree No. 595), the institute was merged with Colegio José
María Bernal and renamed Institución Educativa José María Bernal Sección
Federico Ángel. On 24 February 2005 (Decree No. 1954), the section became
Institución Educativa Federico Ángel. The institute is named for Federico Ángel,
a noted educationalist from Caldas.
The flag of the institute is presented as follows on the institute's website:
"The flag is made of three horizontal stripes of equal size. The upper and lower stripes are blue. Blue symbolizes the commitment in the quest of knowledge, the care for a better future, the serenity required to solve conflicts and liberty of speaking, thinking and acting. The central stripe is white. White symbolizes transparency required from all the members of the educational community, as well as the youth educated in the institute, therefore its central location on the flag.
The flag to be used in public places, celebrations and civic ceremonies shall have the emblem of the institute placed in the middle."
The photo placed below the description shows the flag without the emblem.
The slideshow presenting the institute, dated 20 October 2010, shows a graphic depiction of the flag with the emblem. However, it includes photos showing different official stands or parades with the flag consistently without the emblem. Accordingly, the prescribed flag including the institute's emblem does not seem to be used frequently, provided it actually exists.
The emblem of the institute is presented as follows on the institute's website:
"The shield of the institute is trapezoid, divided into three quarters with the colours of the municipal flag of Caldas. The upper quarter shows on a green field an open book. The lower left quarter shows on a yellow field a hand holding the globe. The lower right quarter shows on a red field a hand holding an Olympic flame. The upper part of the emblem is inscribed with the institute's name [in red letters].
The lower part of the emblem [indeed a white scroll placed below the shield] is inscribed with the motto "SER - CONOCER - HACER" (To be - To know - To do) [The lower part of the emblem is inscribed with "Caldas Antioquia" in red letters.] The trapezoid is flanked on each side by the flag of the institute, the two flags being crossed per saltire below the shield.
The colours of Caldas used in the shield emphasizes the institute's sense of belonging to the municipality. The open book represents knowledge, wisdom and investigating spirit as the standard of the academic work. The hand holding the globe represents personal growth, tenacity and perseverance, the harmony between Man and Earth, and the respect of nature as a source of life.The hand holding a torch represents sportive spirit, recreation and joy, as constituting parts of the institute. The motto summarizes the institute's mission and vision."
Ivan Sache, 28 July 2011
image by Ivan Sache, 14 August 2002
The College was founded in 1946 as Escuela (School) Federico
Ozanam. I have not been able to find out where it is located,
however. Frédéric Ozanam (Milano, 1813 - Marseilles, 1853) was
a French historian and writer. In 1833, he founded the St.
Vincent-de-Paul Society. He rejoined the French Republic in 1848
and founded with Lacordaire the Christian-Democrat newspaper
L'Ere Nouvelle (The New Era, 1848-1849).
The flag of the College is described but not shown as horizontally divided yellow-blue (amarillo-azul). Therefore I have used default 2:3 proportion in my image.
Ivan Sache, 14 August 2002
"Instituto Nacional de Educación Media Diversificada
'Felipe Pérez'" (INEM) was founded in February 1972 in
Pereira, Department of Risaralda.
The institute is named after the politican, lawmaker, writer and journalist Felipe Pérez (1830-1891), successively appointed Governor of Zipaquirá and Cundinamarca, Senator of the Republic, President of the Congress, General, Chief of Staff of the Army etc...
The flag of INEM, according to a photo and the description available on the website of the institute, is white with the emblem of INEM in the middle. The flag was designed by the Department of Physical Education in 1975 for the first Interinstitute Games.
The emblem of INEM is a white triangle outlined in black-yellow-green, charged with the red letters "INEM" surmonted with a yellow device. "FELIPE PEREZ" is written in white letters on a blue scroll placed under the emblem, under which a second, yellow scroll bears "PEREIRA" in black letters. The whole is inscribed in a red ring with white writing, probably the full name of the institute.
Ivan Sache, 14 January 2009
image by Ivan Sache, 07 July 2011
"Institución Felipe Salame" is located in Rovira (Tolima Department). The
flag of the institute, as shown graphically and described on the institute's
website, is horizontally divided red-white-green. The original flag of the
institute was green and white; in 2005, the teacher Edel Miguel Rubio, finding
the original design too boring, proposed to add a red stripe. Red represents
valor and strength; white represents peace, tranquillity and harmony; green
represents the fields, mountains and landscapes.
Ivan Sache, 07 July 2011
image by Ivan Sache, 4 January 2009
"Colegio Fervan" was founded in 1982 in Bogotá, as
"Instituto de Educación Preescolar La Abeja Maya". In
1992, the Secretary of Education of Bogotá recognized (Decree
No. 1280) the new name of "Colegio Fervan", designed
after the name of the founder, Lety Fernández Vanegas.
The flag of the college can be seen on photos taken during the Communication Day 2007.
As described on the website of the institute, the flag is horizontally divided white-green with the emblem of the institute in the middle. The two equal horizontal stripes are a symbol of balance. White is a symbol of perfection, purity and peace. Dark green represents life, respect for the natural environment, hope and tranquillity.
The emblem of the institute is inscribed in a ring, symbol of perfection, of red colour, symbol of force and vitality, charged with the name and motto of the college ("Educacion para el futuro", in Spanish, "Education for the future") in golden letters, symbol of wealth. The center of the emblem is made of an open book, symbol of culture and knowledge, charged with the green letters "C" (for "Collegio"), "F" (for Fernández) and "V" (for Vanegas).
Ivan Sache, 4 January 2009
image by Ivan Sache, 9 June 2001
Universidad Francisco de Paula Santander - 5:9 (apparently)
flag, horizontally divided white-black-orange-light green
(12:1:1:1). The name of the University, in black, is placed in
the white stripe, above the logo of the University.
Flag shown on <www.ufps.edu.co>, located by Dov Gutterman, which says (in Spanish): 'There is obviously an historical gap: we don't know according to which process the flag which currently flies in the Benefactors' Park was adopted as the official flag of the University.'
Ivan Sache, 9 June 2001
"Universidad Francisco de Paula Santander" was
founded on 5 July 1962 and recognized by the Government of the
Department of Norte de Santander on 13 May 1970 (Decree No. 323).
The university has its main seat in Cúcuta, with a secondary
seat in Ocaña and regional centers of open education in the
municipalities of Cundinamarca, Santander, Cesar, Sucre,
Bolívar, Magdalena, Arauca San Andrés and Providencia.
Ivan Sache, 30 December 2008
image by Ivan Sache, 5 January 2009
The flag of the Franciscan College Fray Rafael de la Serna is
horizontally divided yellow-green. From the flying flag shown on
located by Dov Gutterman, the default proportion of the
flag seems to be 1:2.
The college was founded in 1941 in Medellin, Antioquia and its first name was Instituto Cristobal Colon. By ministerial order #1610 from 6 June 1953, the college was renamed as a tribute to the Franciscan friar who founded the University of Antioquia. YYellow symbolizes the spiritual resources, spirit and the department of Antioquia. Green symbolizes the hope in the youth and the exuberant vegetation of Antioquia. It is said that the dimensions of the flag are precise, but not what they are indeed.
Ivan Sache, 10 July 2001