This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

West St. Paul, Manitoba (Canada)

Last modified: 2012-09-03 by rob raeside
Keywords: manitoba | west st. paul |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

Flag of West St. Paul, Manitoba (Canada) image located by Valentin Poposki, 28 August 2010

See also:

Description of the flag

The flag of the Rural Municipality of West St. Paul, Manitoba, consists of two horizontal stripes blue (violet) over ochre with wheat in the canton, and shield of the coat of arms on the fly. The flag and the coat of arms were granted on 10.12.2007.

Images and information thanks to Thora McInnis, Clerk, RM of West St. Paul.

About the RM:
"West St. Paul is a rural municipality in Manitoba, Canada. It lies adjacent to the north side of Winnipeg, and directly west of the Red River. It is part of the Winnipeg Capital Region, and had a population of 4,357 as of the 2006 census. It contains the communities of Middlechurch, the larger and where the municipal hall is located, and Rivercrest." - from Wikipedia:,_Manitoba

Official website:
Valentin Poposki, 28 August 2010

The symbols of West St. Paul were granted on 10 December 2007 by Letters Patent, registered in the Public Register of Flags, Arms and Badges, Vol. V, p. 193, as announced on 22 November 2008 in the Canada Gazette, Vol. 142, p. 2,982.

Or on a pile reversed azure the facade of St. Paulís Church  Middlechurch argent;
A handbell or its grip azure;
Two bison or accorne and unguled azure their interior hindlegs each resting on a cartwheel or, standing on a mount of prairie set with sheaves of wheat and vegetables proper;

Azure a base or, in the hoist a garb or, in the fly an escutcheon of the arms;

The church, dating from 1825, is an important local landmark. The yellow refers to local agriculture, and the blue to the waters of the Red River and the Prairie skies.
The bell was used as a signal that the Red River ferry had arrived at Middlechurch.
The bison is a symbol of Manitoba. The cart wheels refer to the Red River carts once used in this area. The wheat and vegetables refer to local agriculture, especially market gardening.
This appears on the 1880 seal of the Municipality of Saint Paul.

The sheaf of wheat emphasizes the importance of agriculture to the region.

Artist Information
Original concept of Bruce Patterson, Saguenay Herald, assisted by the heralds of the Canadian Heraldic Authority.
Painter Linda Nicholson
Calligrapher Luc Saucier
Ivan Sache, 3 August 2012