This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Opava okres, Czech Republic

Moravian-Silesian region

Last modified: 2011-04-08 by andrew weeks
Keywords: opava |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | random flag | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors




See also:

List of municipalities

Bělá, Bohuslavice, Bolatice, Branka u Opavy, Bratříkovice, Březová, Brumovice, Budišov nad Budišovkou, Budišovice, Čermná ve Slezsku, Chlebičov, Chuchelná, Chvalíkovice, Darkovice, Děhylov, Dobroslavice, Dolní Benešov, Dolní Životice, Háj ve Slezsku, Hať, Hlavnice, Hlubočec, Hlučín, Hněvošice, Holasovice, Hrabyně, Hradec nad Moravicí, Jakartovice, Jezdkovice, Kobeřice, Kozmice, Kravaře, Kružberk, Kyjovice, Lhotka u Litultovic, Litultovice, Ludgeřovice, Markvartovice, Melč, Mikolajice, Mladecko, Mokré Lazce, Moravice, Neplachovice, Nové Lublice, Nové Sedlice, Oldřišov, Opava, Opava-Komárov, Opava-Malé Hoštice, Opava-Milostovice, Opava-Podvihov, Opava-Suché Lazce, Opava-Vávrovice, Otice, Píšť, Pustá Polom, Radkov, Raduň, Rohov, Šilheřovice, Skřipov, Slavkov, Služovice, Sosnová, Štáblovice, Staré Těchanovice, Stěbořice, Štěpánkovice, Štítina, Strahovice, Sudice, Svatoňovice, Těškovice, Třebom, Uhlířov, Velké Heraltice, Velké Hoštice, Větřkovice, Vítkov, Vřesina, Vršovice, Závada.
Data from this site.

Březová municipality flag

[Březová flag] image by Jarig Bakker, 10 Mar 2004
adopted 27 Jan 1997

Image after Petr Exner's Vexilologický Lexikon prapory obcí ČR (1997) - Březová, Opava district, Moravosilesian region - adopted 27 Jan 1997 - břiza = birch-tree. German name: Briesau.
Jarig Bakker, 10 Mar 2004


Chvalíkovice municipality flag

[Chvalíkovice flag] image by Jarig Bakker, 28 Apr 2004
adopted 15 Mar 2003

Image after Petr Exner's Vexilologický Lexikon prapory obcí ČR (2003) - Chvalíkovice, Opava district, Moravosilesian region - adopted 15 Mar 2003. German name: Chwalkowitz.
Jarig Bakker, 28 Apr 2004


Dobroslavice municipality flag

[Dobroslavice flag] image by Jarig Bakker, 9 Oct 2002
adopted 17 Oct 1997

Image after Petr Exner's Vexilologický Lexikon prapory obcí ČR (1997) - Dobroslavice, Opava district, Moravosilesian region - adopted 17 Oct 1997.
The first written trace of this village dates back to 1377. In the 15th century a citadel was built there. In the second half of the 16th century the citadel was rebuilt into the Renaissance château. At the turn of 18th century the château was rebuilt in the Baroque style. At the beginning of the 19th century an ornamental park was layed out. In the park a stone bridge and vase have been preserved until now. Last owners of the manor were Counts Wilczeck (from 1860). During liberation in 1945 the village, including the chateau, was almost completely destroyed. The château has not been reconstructed any more. In 1976 the village became a borough of the town of Hlučín. On 1 January 1992 it regained independence. At present, there are 680 people living in 218 houses in this village.
Jarig Bakker, 9 Oct 2002


Hlubočec municipality flag

[Hlubočec flag] image by Jarig Bakker, 17 Jul 2005
adopted 8 Jun 2004

Image after Petr Exner's Vexilologický Lexikon prapory obcí ČR (2004) - Hlubočec, Opava district, Moravosilesian region - adopted 8 Jun 2004.
Jarig Bakker, 17 Jul 2005


Horní Lhota flag

[Horní Lhota flag] image by Blas Delgado Ortiz, 17 Jun 2002
adopted 22 Nov 2001

Image after Petr Exner's Vexilologický Lexikon prapory obcí ČR (2001) - Horní Lhota, Opava district, Moravosilesian region - adopted 22 Nov 2001.
Number of inhabitants by 31.12. 2000: 589. Horní Lhota was mentioned first in 1441. In belonged to the Manor of Hrabyně. In 1619 it was included in Velká Polom owned by the family of Pražma from Bílkov. At the end of the 17th century Horní Lhota and the mentioned estates were included into the extensive Manor of Klimkovice owned by the family of Vlček from Dobrá Zemice. In 1896 Horní Lhota was included in the district of Bílovec. The village was liberated on 28 April 1945 This village is a birthplace of Ludvík Drastich (1887 - 1961), biologist and physiologist.
Jarig Bakker, 2 Jun 2002


Kružberk municipality flag

[Kružberk flag] image by Jarig Bakker, 23 Feb 2004
adopted 15 Dec 1998

Image after Petr Exner's Vexilologický Lexikon prapory obcí ČR (1998) - Kružberk, Opava district, Moravosilesian region - adopted 15 Dec 1998. German name: Kreuzberg.
Jarig Bakker, 23 Feb 2004

A partially obscured Scandinavian-style cross: Gules, a Scandinavian-style cross or, in sinister wavy of four argent and azure in pale.
Interpretation: Skaane sinking into Copenhagen harbor as predicted by global-warming scientists in Kružberk.
Lewis A. Nowitz, 22 Feb 2004


Lhotka u Litultovic flag

[Lhotka u Litultovic flag] image by Jarig Bakker, 25 Aug 2005
adopted 8 Jun 2004

Image after Petr Exner's Vexilologický Lexikon prapory obcí ČR (2004) - Lhotka u Litultovic, Opava district, Moravosilesian region - adopted 8 Jun 2004.
Jarig Bakker, 25 Aug 2005


Melč municipality flag

[Melč flag] image by Jarig Bakker, 28 Apr 2004
adopted 13 May 2003

Image after Petr Exner's Vexilologický Lexikon prapory obcí ČR (2003) - Melč, Opava district, Moravosilesian region - adopted 13 May 2003. German name: Meltsch.
Jarig Bakker, 28 Apr 2004


Moravice municipality flag

[Moravice flag] image by Jarig Bakker, 10 Oct 2004
adopted 27 Apr 1999

Image after Petr Exner's Vexilologický Lexikon prapory obcí ČR (1999) - Moravice, Opava district, Moravosilesian region - adopted 27 Apr 1999.
Jarig Bakker, 10 Oct 2004


Moravice Coat of Arms

[Moravice coat of arms] image by Jarig Bakker, 10 Oct 2004, after this site.

Nové Lublice flag

[Nové Lublice flag] image by Blas Delgado Ortiz, 22 Apr 2004
adopted 9 Dec 2002

Image after Petr Exner's Vexilologický Lexikon prapory obcí ČR (2002) - Nové Lublice, Opava district, Moravosilesian region - adopted 9 Dec 2002. German name: Neu-Lublitz.
Jarig Bakker, 22 Apr 2004


Radkov municipality flag

[Radkov flag] image by Blas Delgado Ortiz, 8 Jan 2003
adopted 11 May 2001

Image after Petr Exner's Vexilologický Lexikon prapory obcí ČR (2001) - Radkov, Opava district, Moravosilesian region - adopted 11 May 2001. German name: Ratkau.
Jarig Bakker, 21 Apr 2003


Staré Těchanovice flag

[Staré Těchanovice flag] image by Jarig Bakker, 14 Jun 2004
adopted 13 May 2003

Image after Petr Exner's Vexilologický Lexikon prapory obcí ČR (2003) - Staré Těchanovice, Opava district, Moravosilesian region - adopted 7 Oct 2003. German name: Alt-Zechsdorf.
Jarig Bakker, 14 Jun 2004