This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Palatinate (Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany)

Bezirksverband Pfalz

Last modified: 2013-12-09 by german editorial team
Keywords: rhineland-palatinate | rheinland-pfalz | palatinate | pfalz | bezirksverband pfalz | coat of arms (lion: yellow) | coat of arms (flank: yellow) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | random flag | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors



[Bezirksverband Pfalz (North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany)]
by Marcus Schmöger
Flag adopted 1986



See also:


Description

Only one part of Rhineland-Palatinate constitutes a Höhere Kommunalverband (higher communal association), namely the Bezirksverband Pfalz. The Palatinate (Pfalz) historically was a part of Bavaria, until it was included in the newly founded Land Rheinland-Pfalz in 1946. The arms and flag of the Bezirksverband Pfalz were adopted in 1986. The flag —used as hoisted flag and hanging flag— is a black-yellow bicolour with the arms in the centre. The arms are (blazon): Sable, a dexter flank wavy and a lion rampant Or, crowned and armed Gules.

Sources:

  • Dieter Linder, The "Höhere Kommunalverbände" in Germany, oral presentation during the 19th International Congress of Vexillology at York (23-27 July 2001) (with permission from the author)
  • Bezirksverband Pfalz website

Marcus Schmöger, 15 October 2001


Hanging Flag

[Bezirksverband Pfalz, hanging flag (North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany)] by Marcus Schmöger
Flag adopted 1986