Last modified: 2013-06-05 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: hayingen | towers(2) | inescutcheon | bend(raguly) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Description of banner:
It is a red - yellow vertical bicolour. The coat of arms is shifted to the top.
Source: Stefan Schwoon's database and
""Wappenbuch - Die St ädte- und Gemeindewappen im Landkreis Reutlingen" , Münsingen-Rietheim, 2001
Description of coat of arms:
In a blue shield is a silver (= white), embowed, embattled wall imited by two towers with triangular roofs of the same colour. A golden (= yellow) inescutcheon divided by a red bend raguly is impending between the towers.
The market town of Hayingen probably was founded before 1250 and was first called a city in 1285. Hayingen was the capital and seat of a lordship under direct imperial rule of the Barons of Gundelfingen until the middle of the 16th century, when the family died out. The oldest seals of the city date from the 14th century and show the current pattern. The inescutcheon displays the arms of the Barons of Gundelfingen. All later seals and images until 1810 show the same composition. From 1810-1920 the arms only showed the arms of the family. In 1920 the similar arms with red roofs were adopted.
Source: Stadler 1971, p.49
Banner and coat of arms were approved on 8. September 1978 by the county administration, published in GABl 328/1979.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 3 May 2013
back to Reutlingen cities and municipalities click here