This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Saint-Martin-des-Champs (Municipality, Finistère, France)

Sant Martin-war-a-Maez

Last modified: 2012-04-07 by ivan sache
Keywords: finistere | saint-martin-des-champs | sant martin-war-a-maez | wheel (red) | ermine (black) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | random flag | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors



[Flag of Saint-Martin-des-Champs]

Flag of Saint-Martin-des-Champs - Image by Arnaud Leroy, 2 October 2011


See also:


Presentation of Saint-Martin-des-Champs

The municipality of Saint-Martin-des-Champs (Breton, Sant Martin-war-a-Maez; 5,122 inhabitants in 2011; 1,570 ha) is located in North Brittany, just west of Morlaix.
Saint-Martin-des-Champs has been one of the three parishes constituting Morlaix since the 12th century. In 1790, the urban part of the parish was incorporated to the municipality of Morlaix, while its rural part was made the independent municipality of Saint-Martin-Campagne. The municipality was subsequently renamed Saint-Martin-des-Champs, Unité-des-Champs, Martin-des-Champs, and, eventually, Saint-Martin-des-Champs.

Source: Municipal website

Ivan Sache, 2 October 2011


Flag of Saint-Martin-des-Champs

The flag of Saint-Martin-des-Champs (photo by Hervé Prat) is white with the municipal arms in the middle.
The arms are made of a shield "Gules five bezants or 3 and 2 grafted in base argent a gear wheel gules" placed on green lambrequins and hold dexter by a beast argent rampant langued or and bearing a scarf or charged with an ermine spot sable. The shield is placed over a sword argent hilted or and a miter or. The motto of the town, "MADELEZ HA NERZ", is written in letter sable on a scroll or placed below the shield.

Ivan Sache, 2 October 2011