This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Csatka (Komarom-Esztergom, Hungary)

Csatka község

Last modified: 2014-04-17 by zoltán horváth
Keywords: hungary | komarom | esztergom | csatka |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | random flag | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors



(1:2)
image by István Molnár, 5 March 2003



See also:


Overview

Csatka is a village in Komárom-Esztergom county in Hungary near to Town of Kisbér (20 km south-west) at the North-Eastern edge of the Bakony Mountains. The village has got 317 inhabitants (2001 census), all of them are Hungarian. Neighbouring settlements are Súr, Ácsteszér, Réde, Bakonyszentkirály and Bakonyoszlop villages.
The first mention of the settlement is from 1326. Near the village there was a monastery founded in 1361. At the time of the Turkish wars the settlement was devastated in 1543. Csatka was resettled with Hungarians in 1724. In 1910 Csatka was a village in the Zirc district of Veszprém County. Number of its inhabitants in 1910: 730; 728 (99,7%) Hungarian and 2 (0,3%) other by mother tongue, 692 (94,8%) Roman Catholic, 23 (3,2%) Calvinist and 12 (1,6%) Jew by religion. In 1950 the village annexed to Komárom county
Description of the Coat of Arms: The Coat of Arms of the village is a standing triangular gold shield with a blue stake. In the gold field there is three green hills, in the green field of the hills there is a silver spring from a gold fountain marked with a gold crucifix. This symbol relates to the holy spring of the village. The red shield with a silver lion was the Coat of Arms of the Csák family, the red shield with three silver stakes was the Coat of Arms of the Héder clan. The Csák Family was the first landlord, Palatine Kont from the Héder clan was the famous landlord of the village. In the blue stake there is a gold arm holding a gold crosier. This symbol relates to the medieval monastery. Below the shield on a gold stripe there is the name of the village: 'CSATKA'.
The flag is white with two - blue and gold - stripes on the flying edge, on the white field there is a Coat of Arms of the village. Ratio 1:2.
Sources: Photo of the Coat of Arms and description from the Mayor's Office of the municipality, historical datas from <www.terseg.hu/bakalja/csatka> (only in Hungarian).
István Molnár, 5 March 2003