This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Nemesszalok (Veszprem, Hungary)

Nemesszalók község

Last modified: 2011-12-16 by zoltán horváth
Keywords: veszprem | papa | nemesszalok |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | random flag | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors




by Istvan Molnar, 10 July 2000



See also:


Overview

Nemesszalo'k is a village in Veszpre'm County in Hungary near to Pa'pa town (16 km to west) on the Little Hungarian Plains. The village has 1,033 inhabitants (1990 census) nearly all of them are Hungarians. One of the Official Ethnic Minorities of Hungary has an ethnic council in the village - The Gipsy.

The flag consists of the Coat of Arms of the village on a white field.

The village has two parts: Po'rszalo'k (po'r means serf), and Nemsszalo'k (nemes means: noble). The two villages were united in 1926. The territory of the village has been inhabited continuously from the Bronze Age. The first mention of Po'rszalo'k was from 1271, Nemesszalo'k from 1544. In the village there is a Baroque Evangelical Church (1789) and the Romantic Roman Catholic Church (1839-1859)
Istvan Molnar, 10 July 2000


Coat of Arms


by Istvan Molnar, 10 July 2000