This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Dashava (Lviv, Ukraine)

Last modified: 2011-03-18 by andrew weeks
Keywords: dashava | lviv | flame |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | random flag | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors



Дашава

(1:1)
image from the site of Ukrainian Heraldry



See also:


The Gonfalon

From the site of Ukrainian Heraldry:
"It was confirmed in August, 20th, 1998 by the decision #21 of II village council session of III convocation. The square orange panel, embroidered by white stitches on seven rows of masonry, in the middle of it are blue tongues of flame."
Dov Gutterman, 28 March 2006


Coat of Arms


image from the site of Ukrainian Heraldry

From the site of Ukrainian Heraldry:
"It was confirmed in August, 20th, 1998 by the decision #21 of II village council session of III convocation. Gules, masoned by argent; argent pipe from borehole, from it burns azure flame. The shield enframed by or cartouche with data "1448" and crowned by argent urban crown with three prongs. The authors are L.Luciv and V.Grytsyk.
The borehole and a flame specify great value of Dashava gas deposit in development of the gas industry and the settlement. The masonry means local manufacture of building materials.
A.Grechylo, "Coats-of-arms and Flags of Towns and Villages in Ukraine", Pt.1."
Dov Gutterman, 28 March 2006


The Village

From the site of Ukrainian Heraldry:
"The first data about it refers to 1448, when the settlement belonged to magnate Zaklycha Tarl. In April, 18th, 1921 the first gas borehole was opened. In 1922 was built gas pipe line Dashava-Stryi-L'viv, in 1923 - brick-works, in 1948 - the gas pipe line Dashava-Kyiv. In 1967 there was extracted 8,8 billion cubes of gas.."
Dov Gutterman, 28 March 2006