This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Fowler, Michigan (U.S.)

Clinton County

Last modified: 2012-03-20 by rick wyatt
Keywords: fowler | michigan | clinton county |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | random flag | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors



[Flag of Fowler, Michigan] image located by Valentin Poposki, 26 September 2007



See also:


About Fowler

Fowler is a village in Clinton County in the U.S. state of Michigan. The population was 1,136 at the 2000 census.

History:

Originally called "Dallas", Fowler was created when John Parks settled the area and became its first postmaster in 1849. The town subsequently moved to a tract of land owned by J. N. Fowler and in 1869 the name was changed to "Fowler". In 1885, the town incorporated as a village in Clinton County, reportedly during a high growth lumber boom. In 2004, Fowler remains a small rural community, serving the needs of the local farming community and as a satellite community to Lansing, Michigan.
- from Wikipedia: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fowler,_Michigan.

The flag of the village was shown here: http://sjindychatterbox.blogspot.com (site no longer available).
Valentin Poposki, 26 September 2007

The flag is blue with a large white lozenge, and FOWLER, MICHIGAN, SMALL TOWN, BIG SPIRIT written in white along the four edges of the lozenge. In the lozenge is a US eagle with the national shield on its breast, and a ring of blue stars around it. The date 1857 is written on a red ribbon.

The Village of Fowler website fowlermi.com explicitly identifies this flag as the official flag of the village.
Ned Smith, 26 September 2007


Sesquicentennial Flag

"The official flag of the Fowler Sesquicentennial was designed last year by Steven Thelen, a fourth-grader."
Valentin Poposki, 26 September 2007